Monday, June 3, 2013

Lip Combo | MAC Violetta + NYX Purple Rain


All right, lets face it - I'm a bit of a lipstick addict. Applying a bit of lipstick is the easiest way to update your style and brighten your face. I will wear almost any shade of lipstick though I find myself drawn mostly to purples and reds. Today I will be showing you the purple lip combo that I have been obsessed with recently - MAC lipstick in Violetta paired with NYX lipliner in Purple Rain.



As you can tell by the swatches, the two are a perfect match. When wearing such a bold color I feel that a lipliner is an absolute necessity. Since bolder colors tend to pack more pigment, a liner helps to keep the lipstick in place so it doesn't feather outside the lip line. If you also lightly color your lips in first with the liner it will keep the color on longer and help it still look good while it's wearing down.

Application can get a little messy with super pigmented lipsticks if you aren't careful. First I line my lips then lightly shade it all in with the liner. I then apply the lipstick directly from the bullet onto the center of my bottom lip and kind of run my lips together to spread the color. Lastly, I use a lip brush the apply the color to the edges of my lips and anywhere else that still needs to be filled in.

NYX lip liners are one of the best ones I've used and at around $4 each they're a great bargain!

No comments:

Post a Comment