Sunday, June 2, 2013

Product Review | Revlon Lash Potion Mascara




A couple weeks ago I was perusing the beauty section of my local RiteAid when I spotted what had to be one of the cutest looking mascaras I've ever seen in a drugstore - Revlon's Lash Potion mascara. Now this was a total impulse buy on my part because this mascara is part of their Grow Luscious range (I don't like the original) and I wouldn't have been intrigued by it if it weren't for the cute packaging. I guess their designers are doing something right, right?! (or I just have no self control... there's always that possibility.)

Anyway, the way Revlon describes this mascara is interesting. Going with the magical theme of it being a type of "potion", Revlon implements other mystically-appropriate terms such as it having an "illusionist's wand."




Well I don't know what any other illusionist's wand would look like, but this one's made from soft nylon bristles which are staggered in length. Nothing too fancy here, really. The gaps allow for the fairly wet formula to fully coat lashes. I found that it did give decent length but it wasn't really volumizing for me. Wear time was normal - I don't usually have a problem with mascaras flaking or transferring, so usually my mascara will stay on until I decide to take it off.




All in all, it's a pretty standard drugstore mascara and it definitely didn't leave me spellbound. Not bad, but not something I would repurchase.

1 comment: