Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Product Review | Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat


I am a lady of little patience - I hate waiting in lines, I hate waiting when other people are late, and I absolutely hate waiting for my nail polish to dry. I used to tediously paint two coats of polish (which takes long enough, by the way) and then sit with my hands flat while they dry. Every single time I would think I've waited long enough, even though I probably knew I hadn't, and think Oh, maybe they're dry, LETS JUST SEE.... and NOPE! Now I've got a big ol' smudge that needs repainting which means even more waiting time.

Well folks, with this Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat all my nail polish woes have been resolved (well, I still suck at nail art but whatever). This is seriously like a little miracle in a bottle. As soon as I finish the 2nd coat of polish I apply this little baby and WHAM dat shit is dry in like two minutes. Or three. Really. After just a couple minutes I can touch all my nails without any smudging, I can push my bangs out of my eyes without sticking, and I can pull my boots on without leaving a golden glittery trail (that sounds kind of pretty though but trust me, it isn't.).

The only weird thing about this is that on the box there is a warning label that says "WARNING! This product contains a chemical known to the state of California to cause birth defects or reproductive harm." It is referring to the presence of Toluene which is a toxic chemical. After doing a bit of research it seems that this is really there because California thinks it is necessary (and it is) for people to be aware. California has stricter laws regarding such things. I think that in moderation it's okay, they're probably worried about people abusing the product - huffing, ingesting, whatever. I probably wouldn't use it if I were ever pregnant though.



No comments:

Post a Comment